Last Updated: June 25, 2019
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
We may collect a user’s name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other details to help us tailor user experience. This information is kept confidential and secure. We do not store credit cards on our system or payment gateway.
When do we collect information?
We may collect information when a user registers on our site, places an order, subscribes to a newsletter, responds to a survey, fills out a form, uses Live Chat, enters information on our site, or provides feedback on Cablesys products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use information in the following ways:
- To personalize user experience and deliver content and product offerings the user may be most interested in
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
- To process transactions quicker
- To send periodic emails regarding orders or other products and services
- To follow up after correspondence
How do we protect the information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of personal information.
Our website is scanned with Malware Scanning on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make visits to our site as safe as possible.
Personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights and are required to maintain confidentiality. All sensitive information is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Additionally, all transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on Cablesys servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that sites and service providers transfer to a computer's hard drive through web browsers. Cookies enable systems to recognize browsers and remember certain information.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf
If cookies are disabled, some features may not function properly. However, users will still be able to place orders.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track plant cookies, and use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer PII to outside parties unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating the website, conducting business, or serving users, so long as those parties agree to keep information confidential. We may release information in compliance with the law, toenforce site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. Third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of third-party sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors, use Google Analytics first-party cookies, DoubleClick third-party cookies, or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises using Google Ad settings. Alternatively, users can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- Users can change your personal information by logging into your account
Children Online Privacy Protection Act
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission and United States' consumer protection agency enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what website operators and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will notify users both via email and in-site notification within 7 business days should a data breach occur.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which allows individuals to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act sets rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and send information and updates pertaining orders
- Send additional information related to products and/or service
- Market through our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
In accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com. Users may also unsubscribe by following the instructions at the bottom of Cablesys email and be promptly removed from all correspondence.
If there are any questions, we may be contacted using the information below.
2100 E Valencia Dr., Suite D
Fullerton, California 92831
Customer Care: 800.555.7176